The results are in people – Search Engine Optimization is number one for generating leads in digital marketing. It has beaten out pay-per-click and social media, according to a recent survey of over 500 online marketers in the U.S. – both B2B and B2C.
The 2011 State of Digital Marketing report was recently released by Webmarketing123, and online marketers agree that SEO has a bigger impact on lead generation than PPC or Social Media. Some of the nuts and bolts:
• 73.9% of B2B marketers and 79.8% of B2C marketers say they measure the success of their digital marketing by website traffic.
• 57.4% of B2B marketers say SEO makes the biggest impact on their lead generation goals.
But don’t count social media out – not by a long shot. Its relevance to business promotion and marketing is growing with its popularity.
• Of the B2C brands, 75% of them are most active on Facebook as opposed to Twitter and LinkedIn.
But, all three of these social media powerhouses have been successful in lead generation. 68% of marketers have generated leads from at least one of them, and 55% of them have closed deals from those social media leads. Marketers are planning on increasing their budgets for 2012, distributing more than ever to social media campaigns.
The importance of quality SEO is undeniable. At Stark Logic we know that in the franchise industry, local SEO is equally as important as national or global SEO for business promotion. Focusing efforts and tools onto SEO at a local level will help franchisors and franchisees alike understand their market and generate more leads where it counts. Check out www.franlocal.com for more info on our snazzy new tool that combines SEO, Social Media Management, and local business reviews.
It’s an exciting time for digital media. Don’t miss out on what’s working.
- client test
- Marketing and SEO Tools Worth your Time: Part 5: The Web Site Analytics Tools
- Marketing and SEO Tools Worth your Time: Part 4: The Reputation Management Tools
- Marketing and SEO Tools Worth your Time: Part 3, the Business Listing Tools
- Marketing and SEO Tools Worth your Time: Part 2: The Social Media Management Tools