The Internet is a competitive arena, to say the least. But it’s also an extremely powerful marketing tool with loads of potential. These days, every business has a web page, and most have social media pages, blogs and Internet marketing campaign strategies. It may seem daunting, but there are several ways you can optimize your website to improve your search engine rankings.
- Quality Meta Descriptions. Meta descriptions are concise explanations of the content of your web pages – snippets of any given page used by the search engines – extremely important for user click-through. They should be about 155 characters long, making use of keywords in a compelling way so the user will want to click. Think of them as a headline of sorts – your opportunity to grab attention and stand out on a search page with a compelling snippet.
- Optimized Title Tags. Title tags are one of the most important factors for rankings, hands down. The title tag words are what appear in the clickable link on the search engines, so using targeted keyword phrases is extremely important. Make sure you use keywords and content that is directly pertaining to the content on the associate page. Do your keyword research, or let Stark Logic do it for you with our extensive keyword analysis process.
- And speaking of keywords… Using quality keywords in the content of your website is absolutely crucial. Analyze your keyword ideas by using the Google Adwords tool, or take advantage of the Stark Logic keyword analysis process. We’ll do the work for you. However you decide to do it, you absolutely must use targeted, relatively low competition keywords throughout your website. Local keywords are also a must.
- Image Alt Tags. Think of an image alt tag as the definition of the image within the HTML code. So, changing this definition can have great results for SEO, but it’s something that many people forget to do. Keep in mind the purpose of the image, and use keywords relevant to the page it is on. If the image is used for navigation purposes, it should describe the linking page accurately. Similarly, if the image is used as a link, you should also have a alt tag pertinent to the title of the linking page.
- Optimized Blog Posts. Having fresh content consistently posted on your web pages is key for search engine optimization. A blog is a great way to do that – you can prep your blog posts and, with most hosting sites, schedule them to go out whenever you want. And while content is key to build your reputation as an industry expert, well used keywords to optimize each post are crucial. Fresh, optimized content will help your SEO rankings.
Making use of these simple strategies can help with your rankings. Want even better ranking reports for targeted traffic? Let us help you. Call us at 888.915.6442 for a free website analysis.
Posted on May 2, 2012 by